Sunday, December 25, 2016

Introducing The McGehee's

2016 Seattle


We are The McGehee's a quirky little family of five.

James: Is our leader. He makes everything seem so effortless. He takes us on all of these adventures, otherwise we might be reclusive. I'm not as outgoing as James is. We are never lost so long as he is with us. Food: he will literally eat anything. He does not relate to those of us who are not as adventurous in eating, and so he ultimately gets us to try more food than we might normally. James has traveled to Italy, Luxembourg, France, Mexico (to name a few)...he is our jet-setter.

Patty: I am firmly planted in my setting, but enjoy being uprooted from time to time. I'm not as portable as I would like to be. That's because I am a mostly vegetarian, picky type of eater. I'm the type of person who writes lists and enjoys checking them off. I love resolutions, even if I cannot complete them. I read and write and study when I'm not being wifely and motherly. With James I have been to Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic and Mexico. Even though I am a reluctant traveler, I am really looking forward to being altogether on this trip.

Madeline: My most favorite oldest daughter. At this very moment, she's our only teenager. We're navigating these waters together. She has a long history with her piano, she follows the music. She's a member of the high school Jazz Band, Concert Band, Marching Band, and Choir.  Her laugh is a gift. She gets her reluctance from me, but I also see a bit of her father's adventurous nature here and there, especially with food, she will try anything. This trip will have the most impact on Madeline, whether she realizes it within these thirteen days together abroad, or as an adult.

Nolan (pictured on the left in the gray shirt): My most favorite middle son. He is the most inquisitive of our children. A budding engineer, a hobby cook, and a regular comedian. If he gets an idea, he's off and researching how to make it a reality. He loves to travel and see the world for himself. It's maybe because he is also Dyslexic that he cannot rely on words to inspire him, he needs to see the things for himself, and what a gift to be able to explore the world with him. Picky eater like me though. Eating abroad will be interesting for him.

Fischer: My most favorite youngest child. Mathematically inclined like his father, wishes he could have more math homework. He follows baseball and soccer. He has no particular ideas about the world outside of the little one he inhabits. Maybe at nearly 10 years old he will not have a full appreciation for these worldly travels, or, maybe he will. He has an incredible memory for detail and for foreign languages. I imagine at times he will feel bored and tired, but there will be some mind blowing experiences. He is the only one of the children who has never been on a Ferris Wheel, what an experience to look forward to one of these rides in another country. He is also a picky eater. Poor dad has to take three picky eaters with him. I'm sure we'll find exactly what we all enjoy in one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment